29 oct 2013. Had to change a leaky diverter valve on a Britony 80 combi boiler. The customer had ignored the slow leak for many months which had caused rusting of chassis as shown in pic. The brittle plastic body of the valve had minute hairline cracks visible under magnification. Boiler worked well after new part installation.
A landlord sent me to Gifford terrace plymouth to fix a dud vcw.No indicator lamps were illuminated. On removing control box cover I saw why. One of the 2amp fuse holders on the motherboard had burned away. Luckily I had the part in the van, very fiddly to fit, 3 other boards plug into the back of it.
Baxi Boiler repairs in Plymouth
Not many of these left in service these days. They burn a bit more gas than modern boilers but you save a fortune in spare parts compared to modern boilers which have a lot of sensitive electronic and mechanical parts with a limited service life.. After nearly 30 years it was still in great shape and the customer was in no hurry to replace it.Those of you in the know may be allarmed at the yellow flame picture but its just dust inside the burner from all the disturbance and it soon settled back to a nice blue.All ready for the next 30 years.
Tuesday 15oct ,I was called to Kite Packaging Unit 8 Bell Park industrial estate Plympton. The manager, Piers told me they had no heating. They had called in a local engineer , he examined the VCW242E boiler and declared it uneconomical to repair. I performed an electrical test with a multimeter and found NO FAULT AT ALL on the boiler.The fault was in the external wiring to the timeswitch. All sorted in 15 minutes, and £1500 saved by this company.
We can provide Landlord Gas Safety CP12 Inspections and Certificates and Home Gas Safety Inspections. We offer a professional service and advice to private landlords, homeowners, buyers and letting agents.
Private Landlords letting either residential properties or holiday cottages or caravans require to have an annual Gas Safety Check and hold a current valid certificate for each property they let.
We provide Gas Safety Checks and Inspections in the Plymouth area.
Carbon Monoxide Safety